Thursday, December 31, 2009

About Us


This site is a labour of love and a community project piloted by citizens of Trinidad and Tobago.



In too short a space of time we have watched the scourge of kidnapping reach our shores, and grow at an alarming rate. Families are torn apart and lives are changed forever as we stand by helplessly, powerless to bring these loved ones back home.


Trinidad and Tobago is changing. But the direction of the change is being heavily influenced by those who cannot possibly love this former island paradise. 


The Trinidad and Tobago of my youth, and of my elders, was a place of community and of looking out for your fellow man. It's time to make the change to bring those values back. 


It is my belief that most citizens feel the same way, and that the actions of a few are causing the majority to live in fear. 


We have created this site to give the regular citizens a chance to 
  1. Make use of technology to connect with all like-minded citizens to unite in a virtual community
  2. Receive instant alerts via this community to spread awareness of critical items of note - in particular photographs and details of missing persons
  3. Take part in a movement to
We know how to use the power of the word to build awareness of the latest lime and event. Let us use it to rally around those in need.
 

Trinidad and Tobago Independence Pledge
I solemnly pledge to dedicate my life
To the service of God
And to my country.

I will honour my parents,
My teachers, my leaders and my elders,
And those in authority

I will be clean and honest in all my thoughts,
My words and my deeds.

I will strive, in everything I do
To work together with my fellowmen
Of every creed and race
For the greater happiness of all
And the honour and glory
Of my country.



No comments:

Post a Comment